Friday, January 21, 2011

Josh, My Love and Best Friend

So, I figured I would tell my love story :) I had been through my share of dead end relationships that went NO WHERE.... One very boring day, I decided to make a profile on Yahoo Personals, kind of as a joke with a friend of mine. Let me tell ya, there really wasn't much going on on there LOL One random Friday, I got a message from a guy who had just moved to the area on recruiting duty. I checked it out and thought about it for 2 days until sending him a message. Long story short, we ended up talking on IM the rest of that day and on the phone pretty much all night. He invited me over to his house the next night for peanut butter and jelly and wine :) I know, it was weird and I didn't know if this guy was a serial killer, but I had a good vibe so I followed my gut (plus he was also from PA, so he couldn't have been that bad!). Online dating is not for everyone, and I can't even say I online dated really, but I have seen some epic failures with it. That was 8/1/05. I show up at his apartment as he is walking in, so I sat there for a few minutes to gather the never to ring the bell LOL From the moment he answered the door I felt as ease and this was when BDU's were still worn, so he looked oh so sharp! He asked if I minded if he went to take a shower, so I chilled out and watched TV while he did and the whole time he kept yelling out from the bathroom, "are you still there?" LOL I guess he thought maybe I was going to bolt ~ but instead I had called my mom to let her know he was very sweet and not a murderer ~ Ha! We hit it off instantly and as cliche as it might sound fell in love at first sight :) The rest is pretty much history ~ We moved in together shortly after, got engaged 12/17/05 and married 7/8/06, best day of my life so far :) And that brings us to now ~ We are a VERY happy couple. We do everything together, but we also know when the other needs some space. Our greatest thing is communication. I find it sad how many couples we have met that have no communication skills :( It's so easy! We are each others biggest fans and no matter what we keep our love alive. Is what we have perfect?? Nothing in life is perfect, but it is the next best thing. Currently we are on this big adventure in Korea, but in a few months we get to start another adventure wherever the Army decides to send us, and we couldn't be more excited! As long as we are together, that's all that matters. And even though his job may keep him for long hours and someday we may be separated by deployment, we have what it takes to be strong and keep our love alive. So that's the short, sweet version of Josh and I, true soul mates. P.S. our online love story was featured in a newspaper article :)

No comments:

Post a Comment