Monday, January 17, 2011

If you must know..

I guess it would be nice of me to post some sort of intro LOL I'm Jen, I'm 38, and I'm from Carlisle, PA. I graduated from Kutztown University in 1995, with a BA in Psychology and a minor in criminal Justice. Right out of college, I worked at an awesome place called the Hoffman Home for Youth with court appointed juveniles with mental health disorders. Aside from the 4 day on 4 day off schedule and having to live their during the 4 days on, it was an awesome starter job. I loved working with youth and the people I worked with were amazing, too. In 1997, I started at Safe Harbour, a homeless shelter, and stayed there until moving to Korea in October 2009. I started at Safe Harbour as the Parent Support Program Coordinator and moved my way up to Associate director through the years. It was a great experience working there, and I met many people who changed my life, but the job burned me out eventually and by the time I left, I was more then ready. What will be my next career move?? That is yet to be determined, but I don't know at this point if I want to return to the human service field. I do miss working with people, but I want a job where I feel more satisfaction at the end of the day then I did there. Aside from that, working for a non-profit is really no picnic. I guess we will see where the Army sends us next, and I will determine my next career move. I do know that I have enjoyed my year+ of a break from work, but I am 100% ready to work again, and put my people skills to good use :)

But anyway... I'm an only child, my mom still lives in Carlisle, and my dad passed away unexpectedly in 2005. I love to read, golf, dance, shop, listen to music, bowl, bake, tan, drink Miller Lite, get manis and pedis, and most of all spend time with my hardly ever home Hubby, Josh :) More on him later, he gets his own post, he's pretty amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment