Monday, January 17, 2011

I Quit!!

Smoking that is... :) I decided a few months ago that 2011 was going to be the year to quit smoking. I even bought the 1st step of the patch and put it where I would see it atleast once a day to get me mentally prepared. I decided trying to quit on the 1st of the year was setting myself up for Epic failure, so I decided to go for 1/10 (which then turned into 1/11, because 1/11 was a much more interesting number and it was 7 months from our DEROS and leaving Korea ~ Woo-Hoo!) I think I started smoking when I was 16, because I remember coming home and having wads and wads of gum in my mouth thinking it would mask the smell, only learning a few years later that my parents had caught on early on. I never really thought I was addicted to smoking, I just liked it. Especially with a few drinks :) It was always more of something to do with the hands. In Korea, Marlboros are 2,500 won, so around $2.30 a pack, so that makes it very easy to sit around and smoke all day. One of the first people I told I was going to quit said this, "are you crazy?" Nope not crazy, just tired of the cough, the expense, the bad breath, the smell, etc... Today has been a week, and honestly I have never felt better in my life. Research says that your body starts to heal itself as quick as 24 hours after you quit, and I believe it. The cough is gone and my circulation has improved, my fingers and toes are no longer freezing non-stop. I'm happy I decided to quit, and I'm even happier that Josh has quit with me. We will have a longer life together now and there is nothing more I want then that. We are going to start a savings account to take a trip with all the cigarette money we are saving, destination unknown as of now, but I know when we board that plane or boat or whatever it may be, we will be proud of where that money came from :) P.S Dum Dum lollipops have become my new best friend, try it they work!

No comments:

Post a Comment