Thursday, January 20, 2011

Job Interviews

So I have had 2 job interviews since I have been in S. Korea. Let me tell you about the first one first... When we moved to Uijongbu in April, I was having lunch on post with the girls, and this guy (an officer) turned to our table to ask if any of us were looking for work. Well heck yea! So he proceeded to tell us that his wife works at a school teaching English and they were in desperate need of help, because someone who was on the their way over from the states, through a recruiting agency was having doubts. He gave me her info to get in touch with her. I emailed her my Resume ASAP and she called that afternoon and set up an interview for the next day. Went to the interview, it went well, and it seemed like something that was going to work out ~ Sweet! Well the weekend passed and then a few days and finally I emailed the girl to see how things were looking, and 2 weeks later she FINALLY emailed me back to tell me the day after my interview she quit, the place sucked, and that she left my info with them, oh and good luck LOL About 2 weeks after that I'm woken up by a call on my cell phone one morning and the lady on the line wants me to do a job reference for the girl who interviewed me. Not gonna lie, so I told the lady I had met her once and hung up ~ WEIRD! Second job interview was today, and I was really nervous, it's an on base job at Camp Casey. I haven't had a "real" interview since 1997 when I got the job at the shelter, so I just feel really out of the loop. However, it went so good, and I am really proud of myself. Only one problem, of course, our DEROS (date we leave) is too close, and by the time I would be hired and trained it would be time for us to hop on the big bird back to the states. I'm a little disappointed, but I'm not sad, pretty much because It was nice to hear again that we are leaving soon ~ YAY, and because now I feel very confident about going back to the states and jumping right in to the job search. I still think 2011 is going to be an awesome year, so I'm gonna enjoy the next couple months of unemployment and S. Korea and look forward to new beginnings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment