Sunday, February 13, 2011

The 6 month countdown is on :)

So Josh and I have finally hit our 6 month countdown to moving back to the states :) It's an extremely exciting feeling, but now we wait.... It seems as though we should have orders by now, but we haven't heard a word. We have some ideas of where we might go, but the Army likes to throw surprises in the mix, so I guess we will wait. Nice thing is, time goes fast here, Thank God! Some days I don't know how it goes so fast, because I have so much time on my hands. Josh just went back to work after a few day cycle break and having all his wisdom teeth cut out. Thing is, he doesn't work a normal schedule. He leaves at 4:30 AM, and if it's a good day he may arrive home before 7:00 PM. And that's not just Monday to Friday, that includes most weekends :( All those nice 3 and 4 day weekends for holidays, yea he doesn't get those either. When he got the instructor position in April, they should have canceled our command sponsorship and sent me home. This is not a position to have your family along for the ride. We came to Korea off of 4 years of Recruiting Duty, and that is a tough life. Lots and lots of hours and stress, but in all honesty how we live now makes recruiting look like a dream. Don't get me wrong, I am very blessed to be here with him, to have him home and safe every night, and have him not be deployed, but I must thank God everyday for the strength of our marriage, because it's definitely a stressful situation. I think that's why I get so bitter when I see people complaining that their husband doesn't get home til 5 or 6 PM and may have to work a Saturday here or there. The military is a rough life and not for everyone, but we all handle things differently. I thank my parents for instilling independence in me, so I can keep myself occupied without going crazy and the coping skills I have gained over the years. But anyway, I got off topic, and the point of this post ~ we now have less than 6 months left in Korea!! Let the countdown begin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment